2/24/2009

Yet another digital instrument cluster blog post

I hope you don't mind all these posts on digital instrument clusters, because here's another one. Nice thing is, you don't have listen to me drone on about how I think digital clusters are poised to change the face of automotive computing, yadda, yadda, yadda. This time, you get to see a nice video.

Three videos, in fact. The first focuses on digital instrument clusters; the other two on a "multi-node infotainment system".

These videos show reference implementations from the new QNX CAR program, which promises to change the world of automotive computing... oh wait, I said I wouldn't go there. So, hey, click here to see the videos, crank up the audio, and let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Zeke said...

Hello My name is zeke i am looking for a digital insturment cluster for my car much like the one seen in the new fast and furious movie. I came across this page and was wondering if there is one like the one i see her for sale. Id pay top dollar for one please e-mail me at toonsketcher@charter.net

Paul N. Leroux said...

Hi Zeke. QNX offers technology that helps automakers and automotive suppliers make digital instrument clusters, but it doesn't sell the technology directly to consumers. So I don't think I can help you. If it's any consolation, the next vehicle you buy could very well have a digital cluster -- they'll definitely become more common in the next couple of years, in some popular automotive models.

Best of luck,

- Paul