1/18/2010

Harman sets up donation-matching fund for Haiti relief

Last week, I mentioned that some companies and government agencies will match your contributions to Haiti relief. Which means when you give, you give twice.

Fast forward to this morning: I just learned that QNX's parent company, Harman International, has set up a fund to match employee contributions. The company has also made an immediate contribution to the relief effort. Now, I'm not sure whether Harman's management wants me to publicize the company's donation goal, so for now let's just say that it's generous. Which it is.

I hope that this donation-matching plan will create some friendly rivalry among Harman's competitors, including Bose, Boston Acoustics, Pioneer, Continental, Delphi, Visteon, and others. How about it, guys?

No comments: